WELCOME TO INNER MICHAEL GUEST...

The gods of artistry have spoken. So has my Inner Michael. I loved how Michael would invite and feature artists he admired. So the gods (and Michael) whispered: "So invite them!" I have met some talented people on this journey and I have been in the arts long enough to recognize Le Artiste`. So I have invited them here... all for love. Enjoy.


Monday

Sleep, My Friend ~by Patrick Treacy

Patrick Treacy met Michael Jackson and Michael brought up Dr. Treacy's work in Africa and thanked him for what he was contributing to the culture. Treacy was surprised that Michael knew of his work.

When Michael moved to Ireland with his family, he and Dr. Treacy became friends. I invited Patrick Treacy to write whatever he wanted that I might post for him. In a comment at Inner Michael, this is what he sent:


Patrick Treacy 7:33am Oct 16
I just wrote this and posted it. It's called 'Sleep, my Friend'


SLEEP MY FRIEND

'Sleep my friend! For the dawn will come again in another time,
And your kindly soul can finds some solitude at last,
Rest, as your seedlings grow and sparkle from the vine,
And children laugh and play as God above looks down

On that other morn, as sun will strike the earth with shafts of light,
And ripened grapes shake and gently tremble on the boughs,
As mountain streams stall and turn back around their paths,
The heavens open and each man falls prostrate on the ground

And Jesus comes amongst us, as propechies of the past did fortell,
Your rested body then wakes from the slumber of the age,
Rose scented petals fill the Temple, falling, circling all around
And you shall rise and take your rightly place by his side,

And man shall then forever know all the evil that was done,
To fellow man, to starving child and also to you alone,
The destitute shall then arise, the sickly smile again,
And each shall know your beauty as we stand in judgement of the age'.



(C) 2011 Reprinted with permission

1 comment: